2 minute read
Just because you’re pregnant, it doesn’t mean that you need to miss out on exercise and lots of other fun activities during this special time.
Aqua Natal Yoga is one of the best things you can do for your body, mind and baby whilst pregnant. Keeping fit during pregnancy is extremely important both physically and mentally; and being in the water is the perfect place for exercise, particularly in the later stages of pregnancy.
Our Aqua Natal Yoga classes offer pregnant women so many benefits. Here are some of them.
· A soothing and stimulating environment to prepare for birth
· Support in warm water that provides relief from aches, pains and pressure on joints
· A safe, gentle and effective way to tone and strengthen abdominal and pelvic floor muscles
· Reducing swelling through detoxification
· Improved circulatory and respiratory systems
· Increased efficiency of the nervous system
· Relief from morning sickness
Some studies have shown that fit women may have shorter labours.
Wellbeing and Emotional Benefits
· Stilling of the mind and mindfulness
· Self-confidence and nurturing calm
· Relaxed feeling and a release of worries or fears
· A strong connection and intimate bond with the growing baby
· Endorphins (happy hormones) which can be passed onto the baby in the womb
· Breath and relaxation techniques for birth
· Better and deeper sleep after exercise
· Precious ‘me time’
Aqua Natal Yoga classes are also a great way to meet other mummies to be and make new friends. Our sessions include solo work as well as partner and group work. This encourages bonding between mothers which is an essential and often overlooked part of the postpartum period.
Our Aqua Natal Yoga classes are also limited to ten which provides an excellent opportunity to get some one-to-one time with our friendly and experienced Coach Shirani. These classes are also informative and educational.
We begin our 45-minute classes by checking in and bringing awareness into ourselves. We then move through movements that connect our breath with our bodies. Following this, we move to the wall and practise strengthening asana and then to the middle of the water for warrior sequences and balance postures. Finally, we always end with a relaxing Savasana (corpse pose).
Don’t worry if you haven’t done yoga before or can’t swim. Both of these skills aren’t prerequisites to enjoy the classes. You can join from 14 weeks pregnant until birth.
If you have any questions about our classes or would like to sign up to our Aqua Natal Yoga course please complete the application form here:
See you soon in the pool!